Tired of playing Sim City 2000 for the millionth time and aching to create a city with brand new graphics? Well you might be able to – next year. According to reports online, Sim City 5 is 30% finished and is set for a 2013 release. The game is also said to feature a brand new graphics engine that will let players zoom in on buildings to observe things on a closer level, though the traditional god/bird’s eye view is still there when you need it.
Buildings will be upgradable, land value, population density and crime will also be factors in this game. And events that happen in your city will also be reported about in the in-game newspaper. Sim City 5 is also said to feature multiplayer for co-op gameplay, and leaderboards will be present for competitive folk. Some alleged concept art from the game has also surfaced on AllGamesBeta.com so there might be some truth to the rumor.
EA will be at the GDC next week so there’s a chance we’ll be hearing more about the game. Fingers crossed! Who’s looking forward to a new Sim City?
Next Story: Sony LT29i Hayabusa Nenamark benchmark spotted
- 2014-04-11 EA Looking To Transition Older Battlefield Titles From GameSpy's Servers
- 2014-04-03 Battlefield 4: Naval Strike Will See General Release On 15 April
- 2014-04-01 EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-30 EA Origin Service To Go 100% Digital From April Onwards
- 2014-03-19 EA Reportedly Secures Publishing Rights For Titanfall 2 [Rumor]