If you like the MacBook Air but wished it was more powerful like the MacBook Pro, you might be in luck. We’ve heard rumors about an ultrathin MacBook Pro in the past but according to the folks over at DigiTimes, it is currently in production. According to their sources, the computers are being made right now and will be shipped out sometime this month.
These MacBook Pros will arrive in 13″ and 15″ models and are said to have no more optical drives as well, which will let them have a slimmer profile. The MacBook Pro computers are also said to feature more advanced specs than the MacBook Air in terms of CPU performance and storage capacity.
As is the case with DigiTimes stories, they’re more often misses than hits so take this news with a pinch of salt. But if they turn out to be true, you can expect the new, slimmer MacBook Pros to arrive pretty soon.
- 2014-03-05: 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- 2013-11-07: Apple Issues Fix For 13" MacBook Pros' Trackpad And Keyboard Woes
- 2013-11-03: OS X Mavericks Taps MacBook Pro's Ambient Light Sensor To Detect Movement
- 2013-10-30: Apple Announces Fix Incoming For MacBook Pros With Keyboard/Trackpad Issues
- 2013-10-28: Late 2013 MacBook Pros Experiencing Keyboard And Trackpad Freezes