Here is something interesting from Sony, having developed an Authentication Outlet that will function very differently from a standard power outlet, where any Tom, Dick and Harry is able to come and go, plugging in a device of their choice. This particular power outlet from Sony will allow one to manage electricity, calculating it on a per-use and per-device basis. The new technology behind this idea will focus on “electrical outlets” as the infrastructure where electricity is consumed. A couple of outlets have been developed – the “Authentication Outlet: FeliCa Type” that relies on the contactless IC card technology known as “NFC/FeliCa”, as well as the “Authentication Outlet: RFID Over Power Line type” which adopts Sony’s new “RFID Over Power Line” technology that will let one authenticate electrical devices over a power supply cable. I am not quite sure how the entire idea will pan out though, what about you? [Press Release]
Next Story: CompuLab Intense PC looks like a wireless router
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)