Just yesterday we reported that there were some instances where Apple’s Smart Cover and third-party cases did not play nicely with the new iPad. According to some user complaints and personal experiences, this basically involved the new iPad not responding to the magnets on the cases which did not put the tablet to sleep when closed, or waking it up when the case was opened. While Apple has yet to officially acknowledge this issue, Targus has apparently started offering free replacement cases to customers who are currently experiencing this problem after it was reported that a customer reported that the company had replaced his Targus Slim case. This was acknowledged by a Targus spokesperson who stated that “Targus will replace any of the new iPad cases at no charge.” At this moment, it looks like Targus is the only manufacturer to officially offer replacements, no word from Apple or other manufacturers yet.
Next Story: Yamaha Vocaloid Keyboard is awesome
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2011-03-03: Targus THZ045US Rotating Stand/Case for iPad 2
- 2011-01-06: Targus announces two new iPad accessories