TweetDeck, one of the world’s most popular Twitter clients has just received a major update that introduces a whole bunch of new features to the app. Users can now preview media (images and video) from within a column, underneath the related Tweet. The update also brings improved list management, the ability to edit and delete lists from within the app, and a dedicated Lists button. There are also two new sections now, like the Twitter web UI, Activity and Interactions can be highlighted to make following your favorites and reading Tweets easier to do.
Oh, and the “RT” retweet option that was removed in a previous version of the app has been brought back. TweetDeck users should automatically receive the notification to update the app on Windows, Mac and Google Chrome, and new users can download TweetDeck from the TweetDeck website. Let us know what you think of the new update.
Next Story: Gmail glitch hits Android smartphones
- 2013-06-19: Twitter Adds New Features To TweetDeck
- 2013-03-05: TweetDeck Shuts Down In Different Forms
- 2012-03-30: TweetDeck taken offline due to bug that opens access to the accounts of others
- 2012-03-23: TweetDeck updated
- 2011-05-24: Twitter purchases TweetDeck
- 2011-05-03: Twitter to purchase TweetDeck for $50 million
- 2011-04-26: TweetDeck receives a major overhaul