We all have our list of favorite items – ranging from food to movies and music. Well, for folks who want to do more with their favorite sounds , here is a novel idea. How about picking your favorite sound from SoundCloud, followed by integrating the waveform of that sound onto a custom iPhone case? This is made possible be recording or uploading said sound, and integrate that waveform into the iPhone case, thanks to Shapeways. The special protective case will come in either black or white colors, and is churned out in the form of 3D printed plastic. It does not matter just about what kind of sound is printed on the case, you can pick from your favorite artist’s collection, a child’s first words, or even the squawk of an Angry Bird. As CEO Peter Weijmarshausen put it, “We are really excited to let anyone design their own personalized iPhone case with their favorite sound. The Vibe is literally sound you can touch! This is yet another example of how Shapeways is enabling personalized production using 3D printing.” You will be able to pick up the Vibe iPhone Case launches at a promotional price of $19.95 through to March 18th, and if you miss that boat, then you will need to fork out $24.95 instead.
Next Story: Angry Birds swoops in to Formula 1 scene
- 2014-03-05: Al13 v2 iPhone Bumper Claims To Deliver Zero Signal Loss
- 2014-01-08: Sensus Case Introduces Pressure-Sensitive Touchpads For The iPhone
- 2013-08-08: This iPhone 5 Case Shows Your Love For Eggs In A Basket
- 2013-06-07: Airbus Concept iPhone Case Could Help Keep Track Of Luggage
- 2013-05-16: Japanese iPhone 5 Kissing Cases Show Just How In Love You Both Are