The Windows Phone “Tango” update is slated to arrive later this year, but it looks like it’ll be released with a different name. According to reports online, the update will be renamed as “Windows Phone 7.5 Refresh”. Seeing how it doesn’t really bring anything new to the table besides enable OEMs to produce lower-spec’d Windows Phone devices, it makes sense to keep it named Windows Phone 7.5, but the “Refresh” could sound a little misleading.
Regardless of its name, Windows Phone 7.5 Refresh is said to disable features like Live Tiles, multi-tasking, background tasks, and will prevent certain apps from being installed on the phone. However, these limitations should allow the phone to still perform buttery smooth as though it were a high-end WP device. Windows Phone 7.5 Refresh is expected to arrive sometime in April.RELATED
- Vivo Sends Out Invites For Xplay 3S Event In China
- Oppo Teases Find 7 As "Coming Soon"
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite Reportedly Enters Production
- Samsung Loses iOS Embargo And Request For Damages In South Korea
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Follow: Microsoft, tango, windows phone,
- Seen at: wpcentral