Sony sure is taking its commitment to Android seriously – the company sure seems to be constantly churning out updates for its Xperia handsets, and it looks like its 2011 Xperia owners will be receiving their long-awaited updates very soon. The company announced today that it will start pushing out the Ice Cream Sandwich update sometime in mid-April. The first phones to get the tasty ICS update will be the Xperia arc S, Xperia neo V and Xperia ray.
After that, the Xperia arc, Xperia Play, Xperia neo, Xperia mini, Xperia mini pro, Xperia pro, Xperia active and Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman will be next in line, with the updates rolling out late May/early June. Take note that the update won’t be over the air, instead it will be done via the PC Companion and Bridge for Mac software.
ICS is said to affect the performance of the devices (especially if they are the lower end models) so Sony will be giving you the choice to update your devices instead of forcing it on you – a good idea that should be followed by manufacturers everywhere. Be sure to read more about the update at the source link below. Who’s excited?RELATED
- Huawei Glory 4 Or Honor 4 Could Be Introduced Next Week
- Forbes: Windows Phone Could Overtake iOS In Due Time
- Olloclip Macro 3-In-1 Photo Lens
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Heyday App Creates A Journal Of Your Life Without Your Input
- Follow: Android, ice cream sandwich, Sony, xperia,
- Seen at: blogs.sonymobile