The line between the real and the digital world is getting thinner by the day and the introduction of Augmented Reality technology has only accelerated the process. Today, Moonpig and Zappar announced that it will be releasing greeting cards that feature augmented reality technology. Customers create their own greeting cards through Moonpig.com by uploading their own personal video messages, when can then be viewed by the recipients via a special downloadable app (Android and iOS).
We’re still a long way off from live greeting cards like those found in the Harry Potter movies, but this is probably as close as we can get for now. Check out a video demonstration of Zapper’s AR technology in action above, and find out more about Moonpig cards here.RELATED
- Study Finds That Fast Typists Might Not Even Remember Where The Keys Are Located
- AmazonFresh San Francisco Launch Possible Next Week
- China Bans Bitcoin Transactions Among Banks
- Microsoft CEO Candidate Alan Mulally Likely To Remain At Ford Through 2014
- Virtual Wall Could Prevent Oil Spills
- Follow: augmented reality,