There has been much talk about Apple’s upcoming refresh of their MacBook Pro models, with rumors claiming that both the 13” and 15” MacBook Pro laptops are expected to be redesigned in the slimmer and thinner style of the MacBook Air. While we’re not sure how the final product will actually look like, it certainly seems that a refresh is imminent as there have been reports from multiple authorized resellers that reveal the 15” MacBook Pro models are out of stock.
This could be an indication that Apple is ramping down its production of the current generation of 15” MacBook Pros in favor of the upcoming refresh. Assuming the earlier rumors are to be believed, the 15” MacBook Pros are expected to be made available later this month with Intel’s Ivy Bridge chipset on board. The 13” models will be refreshed later in June while the 17” MacBook Pros will be seeing a refresh by the end of the year.
We guess since we’re already in the second week of April, we don’t have to wait too long to see if the rumors pan out. So, who’s looking forward to this year’s MacBook Pro refresh?
- 2014-03-05 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- 2013-11-07 Apple Issues Fix For 13" MacBook Pros' Trackpad And Keyboard Woes
- 2013-11-03 OS X Mavericks Taps MacBook Pro's Ambient Light Sensor To Detect Movement
- 2013-10-30 Apple Announces Fix Incoming For MacBook Pros With Keyboard/Trackpad Issues
- 2013-10-28 Late 2013 MacBook Pros Experiencing Keyboard And Trackpad Freezes