For those of you who own an Xperia smartphone from the 2011 range upwards will be pleased to hear that Sony Mobile has officially announced a software upgrade that will include an update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The Xperia arc S, Xperia neo V and Xperia ray will be the first smartphones to receive this software upgrade, and even then, it will be made available only for consumers living in Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Finland and Norway. As for the rest of the world, the entire rollout will take around a month to 6 weeks.
For those who want to make the upgrade, you will first need to hook up your Xperia smartphone to a PC or Mac, giving some love to http://www.sonymobile.com/update and follow the subsequent instructions. As for owners of the Xperia arc, Xperia PLAY, Xperia neo, Xperia mini, Xperia mini pro, Xperia pro, Xperia active and Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman, you can look forward to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich from the end of May or early June onwards.
Next Story: Facebook QR code ends up on the roof
- 2013-04-29: Android Design Head Praises Facebook Home's Attention To Design
- 2013-04-28: Google Glass CPU And RAM Specifications Revealed
- 2013-02-07: HTC Thunderbolt Ice Cream Sandwich Performance Issues
- 2013-02-05: HTC Thunderbolt Gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Update
- 2013-01-31: Verizon HTC Thunderbolt Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Update
- 2012-08-21: Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich for 2011 Xperia range
- 2012-07-02: NTT DoCoMo stops Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for quartet of Xperia smartphones
- 2012-06-11: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update on 2011 Sony Experia handsets is not all that smooth
- 2012-06-07: Sony Xperia Mini Pro receives Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-06-01: Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro gets Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich update