The Acer Iconia Tab A500 was in line to receive the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system update this coming April 27th, although it seems as though Acer has jumped the gun (unofficially) according to select users who claim that they have already received the update. Assuming that this is true, it is a good problem to have – if you can quantify this as a problem, that is. After all, most of the time companies do send out updates later or just on the dot instead of being bright and early. All right, we are just talking about a couple of days earlier here, but at least it is a refreshing change and better than nothing, right?
I do not think that Iconia Tab A500 owners have anything to complain about. For owners of the Acer Iconia A500, you might want to manually check for updates and if you are one of the lucky few, who knows, a pleasant surprise might be in for you? Alternatively, if you do not want to wait for an update, you can purchase the Iconia Tab A510 Olympic Edition (as seen above)outright as it already comes with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich right out of the box.
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy S3 seen in Samsung KIES software
- 2014-04-10: Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30: Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27: Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12: Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing
- 2012-07-05: Acer Iconia Tab A120 receives FCC nod of approval
- 2012-05-17: Acer Iconia Tab A700 hits the FCC
- 2012-02-16: Acer Iconia Tab A510 hits the FCC
- 2012-01-08: Acer "announces" new Iconia Tab Android tablet
- 2011-11-17: Acer Iconia Tab A700/A701 quad-core tablet leaked