Despite Acer not exactly sporting the largest portfolio when it comes to Windows Phone devices, they have expressed that they remain committed to the platform and would continue churning out devices for it. If the recent set of rumors are to be believed, it looks as though Acer is keeping to their words with an upcoming QWERTY Windows Phone 8 device that is scheduled for a Fall 2012 launch. While details of the device remain somewhat of a mystery for now, the reports are saying that the device (dubbed the W11) will run on Windows Phone 8 while being one of the cheaper dual-core Windows Phone devices available. Given that Windows Phone 7.5 was released some time in the Fall of 2011, a Fall release of Windows Phone 8 would not be completely out of the question, but until we get more evidence of the Acer W11, we will be taking this with a grain of salt for now.
- 2014-04-10: Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30: Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27: Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12: Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing
- 2012-09-04: Acer could release both Windows Phone 8 and Android devices in 2013
- 2012-07-19: Acer to only release Windows Phone 8 devices next year