Now the Akira bike replica that you see above is a true blue labor of love from Akira fan Shinji Tejima who hails from Fukuoka of Japan. In fact, this custom built vehicle cost Tejima a whopping $121,000 to build, resulting in it being the closest replica to Kaneda’s motorbike from the cult classic. To sweeten the deal, this particular replica outshines the rest, since it is the only model which is officially recognized by Akira creator Katsuhiro Otomo. Do enjoy a couple of videos of the Akira bike replica right after the jump.
Tejima took a total of 7 years to complete this project, and instead of just leaving it in a garage after all of his hard work, Tejima decided to use it for the greater good of mankind – by riding it across Japan so that he is able to raise money for the Bokura Company, a charity support group for children who have autism. His last stop would be at the Katsuhiro Otomo Genga Exhibition in Tokyo. If you are making a beeline there, you can snap photos of it at a fee, where all proceeds will be channeled to help the tsunami victims of last year.RELATED
- Newsmy Navigation Announces CarPad II Android-Powered DVD Navigation Tool
- Man Willing To Sell A Testicle For A Nissan 370Z
- Nissan Leaf Owner Arrested For Stealing Five Cents Worth Of Electricity
- Honda Gets Deeper iOS Integration With Display Audio
- Spike Away Vest Keeps You Safe From Cramped Commutes
- Seen at: whatculture