We’ve seen a handful of patents filed by Apple in the past that has suggested that the company might at some point look at integrating 3D technology in its future products. While none of Apple’s products features 3D technology at the moment, it might not be too long before the integration of 3D could start happening thanks to a recent job listing. The job opening posted by Apple is currently seeking a person with a “Ph.D. degree in a Computer Vision related field such as Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science. You should be a confident and experienced C programmer.” More interestingly it has also revealed that the job title is that of an iOS Software Engineer. Other requirements of the job include:
Multi-view stereo and 3D reconstruction
Inpainting of occluded geometry and texture data
Mesh texturing techniques
Large scale bundle adjustment
Cameras and surfaces in a 3D environment
Of course we doubt that we will start seeing glasses-free 3D technology make its way into any of Apple’s products in the near future, but it is a definite possibility and it will be interesting to see what the Cupertino company can come up with. Anyone got any ideas?
Next Story: Spotify spotted running on the iPad?
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-22 Jailbroken iOS Devices Vulnerable To Apple ID And Password Stealing Malware
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20 Beats Music Embraces In-App Subscriptions To Drive Subscriber Base
- 2011-07-11 iPhone 5 spotted with dual-cameras?
- 2011-06-08 CineXPlayer brings 3D movies to the iPad
- 2011-05-26 First 3D advert for the iPad launched
- 2011-04-12 The iPad 2 is capable of glasses-free 3D
- 2011-03-31 Hasbro MY3D available April 3