Remember the ASUS Transformer Pad 300 announced earlier this year at MWC 2012? For those who might have missed out on our coverage or the news, the Transformer Pad 300 is essentially a cheaper and more affordable version of the Transformer Prime tablet. If you’re looking for a quad-core experience in a cheaper tablet, you will be pleased to hear that according to an ASUS spokeswoman, the Transformer Pad 300 is expected to start shipping to the US come 22nd of April.
While the pricing has yet to be confirmed, some retailers have started to price the device from $379 upwards. The device is expected to ship with NVIDIA’s Tegra 3 quad-core processor on board but will be clocked at a lower speed compared to the Transformer Prime. It will also feature a 10.1” 1280×800 IPS display and will be available in 16GB, although there have been reports that a 32GB model with 1GB of RAM is also expected to be available. It will sport a plastic build in place of the aluminum body on the Transformer Prime and will come shipped with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich preinstalled.
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC