Heads up AT&T subscribers, if you were hoping for more LTE network coverage, you’re in luck as the carrier has recently announced that come this Sunday (8th of April), the carrier will be rolling out additional LTE coverage to several new markets. This will bring the total of LTE covered markets by AT&T up to about 40. Granted this is still significantly smaller compared to Verizon who had a head start back in 2011, but we guess better late than never, plus they’re still ahead of Sprint who has yet to roll out their own LTE network despite having announced it.
The markets expected to receive the update this Sunday are Bloomington and Muncie, Indiana and Bryan-College Station, Texas. Other markets include St. Louis, Naples, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Akron, Canton, Cleveland and Staten Island. Apart from the first three we mentioned, the rest do not have a specific rollout date just yet, but AT&T has mentioned that LTE rollouts are expected to take place from April, May and into the early summer.
- 2014-03-31: iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-12: pCell Technology Could Help Carriers Provide Better Reception And Speeds
- 2014-02-19: Surface 2 With LTE Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-02-18: Broadcom Forging Ahead With 300 Mbps Cat6 LTE
- 2014-02-17: AT&T LTE Moto G Possible
- 2013-04-30: AT&T 4G LTE Switched On In 20 New Markets
- 2012-08-17: Pantech Flex 4G LTE handset teased for AT&T
- 2012-07-26: AT&T expands 4G LTE coverage to new areas
- 2012-07-25: Samsung SGH-I547 stops by the FCC with AT&T's LTE radios on board
- 2012-07-09: AT&T deploys 4G LTE to several new cities