During the 2012 Beijing Auto Show, Audi took the wraps off its concept hybrid vehicle dubbed the Audi A6 L e-tron. If the name sounds familiar, it’s because this particular concept will be based off the original Audi A6 L with the difference being that the A6 L e-tron will feature a 2.0 TFSI and an electric motor capable of producing 70kW (or 95hp). The car can be powered purely by its electric motor alone up to a range of 80km, assuming the driver can maintain a speed of 60kmph. Under normal circumstances, the hybrid system will decide when is the best time to use either engine.
The design of the vehicle will not differ too greatly, although one of the more notable differences is that the A6 L e-tron will feature larger wheels at 21” and includes a special rear diffuser. Apart from that, the A6 L e-tron will come equipped with several luxury features, such as built-in massagers, auto air-conditioning, an air ionizer, ambient lighting and a Bose surround sound system. Pretty cool, huh?
- 2014-03-11: Audi Traffic Light Recognition Has Fuel Saving Potential
- 2014-03-10: Audi Teams Up With AT&T To Bring 4G LTE To Cars
- 2014-01-13: Audi Traffic Light Assist Hopes To Minimize Your Time On The Road
- 2014-01-09: Audi Demonstrates Qi Wireless Charging At CES 2014
- 2013-12-30: Google And Audi Rumored To Announce Android In-Car Entertainment System