Safe to say, the ending of BioWare’s Mass Effect 3 did not satisfy the majority of its player base to the point where BioWare has announced an extended cut ending DLC. Apart from many pages of forum posts filled with disgruntled gamers and blog posts, it seems that some players have turned to the US Federal Trade Commission to complain about the game and how it supposedly was falsely advertised.
Addressing those complaints is the Better Business Bureau’s communications director, Majorie Stephens. “The issue at stake here is, did Bio Ware falsely advertise? Technically, yes, they did. In the first bullet point, where it states “the decisions you make completely shape your experience”, there is no indecision in that statement. It is an absolute.” However it should be noted that Stephens’ statement was made through a blog post and should not be considered an official judgement from the organization itself.
While it does not appear that any action will be taken against BioWare for allegedly “falsely advertising” Mass Effect 3, Stephens did point out the fine line that publishers should walk when trying to market their games.
“The lesson to be learned here is companies should give careful consideration to how they word their advertisements. Otherwise, there could be detrimental effects, especially in the era of social media and online forums.”
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy S3 possible May 3rd announcement?
- 2014-03-03: Remastered Mass Effect Trilogy Being Considered For PS4/Xbox One
- 2013-12-09: BioWare Hopes To Share More Mass Effect Details In 2014
- 2013-11-14: BioWare Unveils Sovereign Replica Statue
- 2013-08-01: Star Wars: The Old Republic Skips On Subscriber Reward Due To "Technical Hurdles"
- 2013-06-06: Star Wars: The Old Republic Asia Pacific Servers Shutting Down In Next Few Months
- 2013-03-04: Mass Effect 3: Citadel DLC Highlighted In New Trailer
- 2013-02-21: Mass Effect 3 Receiving Two New DLC Packs On Feb. 26, Mar. 5
- 2012-08-28: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan DLC out today
- 2012-08-15: Mass Effect 3: Leviathan dated by BioWare
- 2012-08-07: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan DLC coming soon