The 1st of May is when Activision is expected to announce its new Call of Duty game. Many have speculated that it could be Black Ops 2, the successor to Black Ops but the “Eclipse” moniker might have thrown a wrench into the speculation. Either way it seems that according to website MP1st, the upcoming Call of Duty game will indeed be known as Black Ops 2 thanks to the morse code spotted on the website’s loading screen (pictured above). Apparently when translated it pretty much spells out Black Ops 2. Any of our readers familiar with morse code to be able to verify that for us?
The website also goes on to state the Eclipse could be referencing its launch date which has been rumored to be on the 13th of November, which is also when a total solar eclipse is expected to take place. Are we reading too much into things? Perhaps, but we guess we have less than a week to find out if all this speculation actually pans out. Remember to check back with us on the 1st of May for the all details, but in the mean time head on over to the Call of Duty website to check out the morse code for yourself.
- 2014-02-21 New Tony Hawk Game Confirmed
- 2014-02-12 Sledgehammer's Call Of Duty's Visuals To Be Huge Improvement Over Ghosts
- 2014-02-06 Call Of Duty Franchise To Get 3 Year Dev Cycle
- 2013-11-25 Activision Claims Crash Bandicoot Has Not Been Sold To Sony
- 2013-11-22 Atari 2600 Action Figures Pays Homage To Activision's Heroes
- 2013-09-05 Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 Apocalypse DLC Headed To PS3, PC Sept. 26
- 2013-04-16 Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Uprising Map Pack Now Available On Xbox 360
- 2013-04-05 Black Ops 2 Uprising DLC Launching On April 16 With New Story-Driven Zombies Adventure
- 2013-04-02 Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Next DLC 'Uprising' Releasing On April 16 [Rumor]
- 2013-03-12 Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 Will Microtransaction Xbox 360 Players