If you don’t have $1,300 to drop on the premium edition of Capcom’s upcoming Resident Evil 6, perhaps exclusive pre-order maps might be a cheaper alternative. Capcom had previously announced that gamers who were to pre-order Resident Evil 6 from either Gamestop, Amazon or Best Buy would be entitled to an exclusive map, with each map differing from each retailer. The company has since offered up some interesting details about each map and what players can expect.
The Catacombs map which will be an exclusive to Gamestop has been described as, “There are more than just enemies lurking in these catacombs. Be weary of booby traps ready to ensnare you around every corner! Are your reflexes quick enough to avoid them?” For those who might prefer to pre-order from Amazon will be entitled to the High Seas Fortress, which has been described as “An expansive stage that takes you from the deck of an aircraft carrier to the hangars inside. Engage in intense shoot-outs on the deck, but hone your martial arts skills inside the narrow confines of the hangers.”
Best Buy customers on the other hand will receive the Rail Yard, a “multi-level stage in the steel and concrete confines of a railroad yard. Enemies are lurking everywhere, from inside the trains to the roof of the yard. You’ll have to stay on the move to stay alive!” Capcom has also announced that Mercenaries Mode will be returning to Resident Evil 6 and will also be playable in those bonus maps. More photos of the bonus maps can be found at Capcom’s website in the source link below. So, which retailer will you guys be pre-ordering from?
- 2014-03-10: Capcom And Twitch Deliver Capcom Pro Tour
- 2014-02-24: Capcom's DLCs Account For 15-16% Of Their Sales
- 2014-02-21: Money Matches Arrives For Super Street Fighter 4
- 2014-01-24: Ultra Street Fighter IV Lets You Upload Online Matches To YouTube Directly
- 2014-01-22: Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD For PC Announced
- 2013-03-15: Resident Evil 6, Left 4 Dead 2 Crossing Over In Free Update This Spring
- 2013-01-28: Resident Evil 6 Siege Mode Is Console-Only For Now
- 2012-12-17: Resident Evil 6 Arrives For PC In Spring
- 2012-12-05: Resident Evil 6 multiplayer DLC pegged for 18th December
- 2012-10-24: Resident Evil 6 update arrives on Xbox 360 and PS3 in mid-December