Nintendo’s upcoming Wii U has yet to see the light of day but it seems that many developers have expressed their disinterest in developing for it. While the Nintendo Wii is fun in its own right, most “hardcore” games tend to find themselves on platforms such as the Xbox 360 or the PlayStation 3, which is why we guess it did not come as a complete surprise to learn that Crytek’s upcoming Crysis 3 will not be arriving on the Wii U.
While Crytek themselves did not actually say that there will be no Crysis 3 for the Wii U, Rasmus Hoejengaard, a director from the developer house came forward and stated that he did not think it was possible, nor was it in the cards. We can’t be sure if he meant not possible as in not technically possible, or if they simply did not wish to make a Wii U version of the company’s upcoming game. Either way if you were planning on playing Crysis 3, you’ve still got the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and the PC as possible platforms on which you will be able to enjoy the game.
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2013-03-04: Crysis 3 For The Wii U Was Close To Being Launched
- 2012-08-03: Crytek reiterates that they are not working on Crysis 3 for the Wii U
- 2012-07-27: Crytek currently working with Nintendo, Crysis 3 for the Wii U is speculated
- 2012-06-22: Crytek's CryEngine 3 will be used in an upcoming Nintendo Wii U game