While it has been possible to add video links that are playable within Facebook, it was not possible to embed Facebook videos onto other websites i.e. blogs since the social networking website does not provide embed codes like YouTube or Vimeo. However it looks like that could change in the near future. This is thanks to the folks over at Netbooknews who were tipped by their friends at Reqvu about Facebook allowing for the embedding of their videos onto external webpages. A function to “Embed this video” was spotted and it seemed that Facebook even provided the sample code for embedding. Unfortunately it appears that Facebook has since removed that feature (perhaps it was for testing purposes?) but not before a screenshot (pictured above) of how the embedded video would look like has been taken. No word on when Facebook will roll out this feature to the public, but given that it has already been spotted, we’re guessing that the company could be close to making it publicly available.
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations