While it has been possible to add video links that are playable within Facebook, it was not possible to embed Facebook videos onto other websites i.e. blogs since the social networking website does not provide embed codes like YouTube or Vimeo. However it looks like that could change in the near future. This is thanks to the folks over at Netbooknews who were tipped by their friends at Reqvu about Facebook allowing for the embedding of their videos onto external webpages. A function to “Embed this video” was spotted and it seemed that Facebook even provided the sample code for embedding. Unfortunately it appears that Facebook has since removed that feature (perhaps it was for testing purposes?) but not before a screenshot (pictured above) of how the embedded video would look like has been taken. No word on when Facebook will roll out this feature to the public, but given that it has already been spotted, we’re guessing that the company could be close to making it publicly available.
- Microsoft Interested In Purchasing A Stake In DailyMotion [Rumor]
- Facebook Reportedly Hiring Editors For Paper
- Twitter Reportedly Working On Letting Users Edit Their Tweets
- Facebook Rumored To Be Interested In Acquiring Indian Startup Company
- YouTube Rumored To Launch Subscription-based Music Service Later This Year