Google’s answer to Dropbox has long been rumored and it has been tipped several times that Google Drive could be launching soon. In fact the latest leak has shown off the Google Drive icon on a Google employee’s phone, and according to the folks at Reuters, Google Drive has been tipped to launch as soon as today! Reuter’s sources have also informed them that Google Drive will offer its users three different tiered plans for additional storage which could reach capacities of up to 100GB.
We will certainly be keeping our eyes peeled for a possible announcement later today, but in the mean time it looks like Google has “leaked” more clues about Google Drive on its support page for Google Docs which reads:
Tip: If the transfer involves a very large number of documents, you may want to notify the new owner and check that they have enough storage capacity to accommodate the transferred documents. (In the new owner’s Google Drive on the web, click the Upload button to see the amount of storage used/available).
Check back with us some time later today for updates and to see if this latest report about the possible launch of Google Drive pans out.
- 2014-04-24 Google+ Integration To End
- 2014-04-24 Google Testing New Mobile Search Redesign
- 2014-04-24 Vic Gundotra, The Man Behind Google+, Is Leaving Google
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 Google Street View Lets You Perform ‘Time Travel’
- 2012-04-26 Chrome OS will see Google Drive integration in the future
- 2012-04-26 Google Drive hits 5 million downloads and beyond
- 2012-04-24 Google Drive has officially been launched, offers free 5GB to all subscribers
- 2012-04-23 Google Drive spotted on a Google employee's phone
- 2012-02-16 Google Drive already enabled?