Google’s answer to Dropbox has long been rumored and it has been tipped several times that Google Drive could be launching soon. In fact the latest leak has shown off the Google Drive icon on a Google employee’s phone, and according to the folks at Reuters, Google Drive has been tipped to launch as soon as today! Reuter’s sources have also informed them that Google Drive will offer its users three different tiered plans for additional storage which could reach capacities of up to 100GB.
We will certainly be keeping our eyes peeled for a possible announcement later today, but in the mean time it looks like Google has “leaked” more clues about Google Drive on its support page for Google Docs which reads:
Tip: If the transfer involves a very large number of documents, you may want to notify the new owner and check that they have enough storage capacity to accommodate the transferred documents. (In the new owner’s Google Drive on the web, click the Upload button to see the amount of storage used/available).
Check back with us some time later today for updates and to see if this latest report about the possible launch of Google Drive pans out.RELATED
- Facebook Rumored To Be Interested In Acquiring Indian Startup Company
- YouTube Rumored To Launch Subscription-based Music Service Later This Year
- The Wall Street Journal Reportedly Looking To Launch Social Network Of Their Own
- Yahoo Rumored To Be Interested In Acquiring Tumblr For $1 Billion
- Google Babel To Be Unveiled At I/O As Google Hangouts [Rumor]
- Follow: Google, google drive, Storage,
- Seen at: phonearena