If you’ve enjoyed musical games like Guitar Hero or Rock Band, you will be pleased to hear that Harmonix has recently announced their new musical game, Rock Band Blitz. Unlike its predecessor which required users to hammer out notes through its instrument controllers, Rock Band Blitz is expected to be an arcade style game where the emphasis will be on quick and fun gameplay that will utilize the regular gaming controllers of your Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3.
Expected to launch in the summer, Rock Band Blitz will be compatible with all Rock Band tracks and will ship with 25 new backwards-compatible tracks, and just like Rock Band 3, Harmonix will be providing continuous support and updates for Rock Band Blitz that will also be backwards compatible with other Rock Band games. Admittedly one of the appeals of games like Rock Band, DJ Hero and Guitar Hero is the use of the instruments that provides a more “realistic” feel to the game, but perhaps Rock Band Blitz will still have its appeal. Keep an eye out on Xbox Live Arcade and PSN this summer for its release.RELATED
- R4iSDHC Gets Updated Website
- 'Waiting In Line 3D' Brings The Boredom Of Waiting In Line To Your Computer
- Super Smash Bros. Adds Zelda: Majora's Mask's Skull Kid As An Assist Trophy
- Ultra Street Fighter 4 Headed To Xbox 360, PS3 June 2014
- Fallout 4 Teaser Website Reveals New Message; Counting Down To Dec. 11
- Seen at: gamesradar