Earlier this year, HP unveiled their ultrabook, the HP Envy 14 Spectre which we had to admit looked pretty darn good. Perhaps fueled by the response it managed to garner, a report from Digitimes has suggested that the computer manufacturer could very well pump out anywhere between 5-7 ultrabooks later this year! That is certainly a lot of ultrabooks to choose from. The report then went on to reveal that these ultrabooks are slated for a release in the second half of 2012 but could see some models arriving as early as this month. They are also expected to achieve shipment volumes of anywhere between 3.7-5.5 million units by the end of the year.
While we certainly welcome the addition of more ultrabooks into the market for the sake of variety and competition, Digitimes has a pretty poor track record when it comes to these “rumors”, so we will be taking this with a grain of salt for now until more concrete evidence has been uncovered. Although given how sleek the HP Envy 14 Spectre looks, we have to admit that we are looking forward to seeing what else HP has in store for us.
Next Story: Tekken will not offer paid DLC characters
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07 HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07 HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04 HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20 HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2012-09-19 HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14 and Pavilion Sleekbook 15 announced
- 2012-08-30 HP ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook 4 revealed
- 2012-05-08 HP ENVY Ultrabook and Sleekbook
- 2012-02-08 HP ENVY 14 Spectre up for pre-order
- 2012-01-23 Top 10 CES Gadgets