If you were thinking of getting yourself the HTC Droid Incredible 2 from Verizon, you’re out of luck. It seems that the link that you would take to purchase the phone will now lead you to a page that claims that “The selection you made is unavailable at this time”, suggesting that with the removal of the Droid Incredible 2, the launch of the rumored HTC Droid Incredible 4G could be close at hand. Photos of the device have surfaced in the past (here and here) but until today, the handset has yet to be officially confirmed or announced by the carrier.
For those who might have missed the news, the Droid Incredible 4G is expected to be the successor the Incredible 2. Speculation and rumors have pointed at a possible 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor, 1GB of RAM, a 4” 540×960 qHD AMOLED display, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and will be compatible with Verizon’s 4G LTE network. According to the folks at Phandroid, their tipster has informed them that demo units of the device (along with the Motorola Droid Fighter) are expected to begin shipping to stores within the next two weeks, giving us reason to believe that an official launch could be imminent.
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-04-06: Mysterious HTC 0PAJ3 Spotted On AnTuTu Benchmarks
- 2014-04-03: HTC One M8 Developer Edition Price To Increase Tomorrow
- 2012-09-05: HTC acknowledge Android 4.0 ICS update delay for the Incredible 2
- 2011-04-14: HTC Droid Incredible 2 launch on April 28?
- 2011-04-13: Verizon Droid Incredible 2 confirmed to be a world phone
- 2011-04-08: Launch dates for Verizon phones leaked online
- 2011-04-07: Verizon HTC Incredible 2 press shots released