LG had earlier this year announced the Optimus 3D Max, the successor to last year’s Optimus 3D Android smartphone that gave users a glasses-free 3D display and a 3D capable camera. With LG announcing the successor, we had to wonder if HTC could follow up with the successor to its HTC EVO 3D handset that was launched last year as well. Turns out we were not disappointed. It would appear as though a prototype HTC EVO 3D successor (which some are dubbing the HTC EVO 3D 4G LTE) was spotted in a video where the company detailed its recently launched HTC EVO 4G LTE.
As pictured above, the device was spotted with its trademark dual-cameras used to capture 3D images and video, along with a red band around its middle which has us wondering if the device could feature a kickstand as well much like the EVO 4G LTE. In any case if you’d like to learn more about the HTC EVO 4G LTE, or if you’d like to catch a glimpse of the EVO 3D successor prototype, check out the video below.
Update – According to Engadget who had recently heard back from HTC regarding the alleged HTC EVO 3D 4G LTE prototype, turns out it was indeed a prototype except that it was an early prototype of the HTC EVO 4G LTE. The 3D cameras were part of the prototype when HTC and Sprint were considering bringing the 3D feature on board but unfortunately did not make the cut.
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2014-03-24 Sense 6.0 Coming To HTC One In May-June, According To Leaked Roadmap
- 2014-03-20 All New HTC One Poster For Verizon Spotted
- 2012-06-22 Did Sprint out the white HTC EVO 4G LTE in an ad?
- 2012-06-20 Sprint to offer white HTC EVO 4G LTE according to leaked document
- 2012-04-30 Sprint's HTC EVO 4G LTE marketing materials spotted, possible 18th of May release?