Coca-Cola has long been one of the favorite soft drinks for billions of people around the globe, and until now, the fabled recipe of this drink remains top secret, with some circles claiming that the two parts of the recipe are held by different people at any one time in order to prevent the replication should someone steal it (unless said person nicks away both, of course). Well, if reading this makes you want to grab a Coke, then you might want to check out this vending machine that has been set up at the National University of Singapore, where it trades free Coke beverages as long as you give the vending machine a nice hug. It will come outfitted in Coca-Cola’s signature colors and fonts, sporting the words “Hug Me” in large letters on the front.
Leonardo O’Grady, ASEAN IMC director of Coca-Cola, observed, “Reactions were amazing… at one point we had four to five people hugging the machine at the same time as well as each other! In fact, there was a long line of people looking to give hugs – it was really fantastic and heartwarming.” Well, free stuff always does wonders for any marketing campaign, don’t you think so?
Next Story: Sony camcorder does super slow motion
- 2014-04-15: Dance Required For Vending Machine To Dispense Ice Cream
- 2014-02-11: Crack Pipe Vending Machine Installed In Vancouver, Canada
- 2014-01-12: Burritobox Launches Burrito-Making Robots
- 2013-07-29: Automated Wine Bar Serves You Drinks After Smartcard Transaction
- 2013-07-24: Strongbow Interactive Vending Machine