When Apple’s new iPad was released, Infinity Blade 2 received an update as well in the form of its graphics, making it compatible with the new iPad’s Retina display. Well the good news for those who have been yearning for updates is that the next Infinity Blade 2 update is scheduled for Thursday which will be bringing a couple of new features and improvements to the game. For starters the update will bring about new equipment and feature a redesigned gem interface along with a gem forge function, allowing gamers to forge three gems into one that’s more powerful.
Interestingly the update will introduce a new battle mode called “ClashMob”. This basically allows you to recruit friends from Facebook and Game Center who currently play Infinity Blade 2 into your “mob”, thus allowing players to complete asynchronous quests and take down enemies with huge health pools for more money, better equipment, etc. MMORPG gamers who have played games like World of Warcraft or Guild Wars could probably think of ClashMob as being a raid of sorts, where loot and cash drops tend to be better compared to solo play. More information can be found at Epic Games’ website.
Next Story: Namco Bandai files for "Pac-Man Smash" trademark
- 2013-07-17 Infinity Blade 2 Adds 6 Million New Gamers During iTunes App Store Promotion
- 2012-05-24 Infinity Blade 2 Vault of Tears expansion now available on iTunes
- 2012-05-22 Infinity Blade 2 expansion "Vault of Tears" will be arriving this Thursday
- 2012-04-12 Infinity Blade II: ClashMob goes Live with Retina Display Support for $4.99
- 2012-03-15 Infinity Blade 2 updated for the new iPad