As we previously reported a while back, a new battle mode for Infinity Blade II called ClashMob was being introduced. Well it’s Live right now. The long awaited ClashMob update brings with it the ability to team up with thousands of players across the globe to help complete dynamic challenges on larger scales. Players will also have their own “mobs” which they can induct their friends into to receive special incentives, new achievements and special rewards. All ClashMob progress can also be shared via Facebook or Twitter.
On top of that, the update also introduces new characters, weapons, rings, gems and a new Gem Forge feature. With the Gem Forge, players will be able to combine 3 gems to one custom one which can be more powerful to be equipped with weapons and armor. Owners of the new iPad will also have been looking forward to this update since it brings along support for the device’s beautiful retina display.
According to online reports, there has been one minor issue with the ClashMob update and that is a lack of avenues to invite people to join a ‘mob’. For now, the only way is through Facebook. So if many of your friends do not have a Facebook profile, you will not be able to invite them through avenues like Twitter or Game Center. However, seeing as this is just an initial launch of ClashMob, there is definitely room for improvement. If you haven’t already bought it, Epic has dropped the price of Infinity Blade II from $6.99 to $4.99 in conjunction with the ClashMob update. With regards as to how long the price will remain that way, we have no idea so hit up the App Store now.
- 2013-07-17: Infinity Blade 2 Adds 6 Million New Gamers During iTunes App Store Promotion
- 2012-05-24: Infinity Blade 2 Vault of Tears expansion now available on iTunes
- 2012-05-22: Infinity Blade 2 expansion "Vault of Tears" will be arriving this Thursday
- 2012-04-12: Infinity Blade II: ClashMob goes Live with Retina Display Support for $4.99
- 2012-04-09: Infinity Blade 2 update arriving this Thursday, introduces "ClashMob" feature
- 2012-03-15: Infinity Blade 2 updated for the new iPad