Last week we reported that famed iOS jailbreaker, pod2g, revealed that he and his team were making progress as far as an iOS 5.1 jailbreak was concerned. At that time of posting, it seemed that pod2g and his team were quite a long way off from releasing a jailbreak solution to the public. Apparently not. According to iDB, they have reported that pod2g and his team managed to get pass the “Address Space Layout Randomization” (ASLR), a move that the team expected would take them much longer.
The hacker went on to release a tweet stating that a release of the iOS 5.1 jailbreak could very well happen in the next month or two, or maybe never (we’re guessing he was just trying to mess with us)! In any case, hopefully one to two months is all that they would need so remember to check back with us from time to time for the latest updates!
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-04-07: Quitting iOS Apps Might Actually Cause Battery Drain, According To Former Apple Genius
- 2014-04-04: Apple's iPhone Almost Had An Always-On Display
- 2014-01-21: Untethered iOS 7.1 Jailbreak Might Not Be Possible
- 2013-12-30: iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 Jailbreak Now Available
- 2013-12-29: Jailbreak For iOS 6.1.3 And 6.1.4 Coming Soon
- 2013-09-09: iOS 6.1.4 Jailbreak Finally Surfaces
- 2013-07-01: iOS 7 Has Already Been Jailbroken