If you love concept phones, then you might want to take a look at what KDDI has recently unveiled. Falling under KDDI’s iida series of Android smartphones, this particular concept was cooked up by Jamie Hayon and keeping to the style of KDDI’s somewhat outlandish designs, this particular iida concept is no different. As you can see in the rendering above, the design of the device features a rubberized body and a clock at the top left corner of the device. Not just any regular clock, this particular clock would actually have to be wound up in order for it to work just like in the good old days.
It also sports an additional hole located in the top right hand corner of the device where you can attach straps for carrying around your wrist or simply for decoration. It does not appear that the designers touched the software of the phone as the UI in the photo above is similar to the iida UI Android 2.3 skins on KDDI’s other Infobar series of Android smartphones. A rather unique looking design but will it ever be put into production? We can’t say for sure, but given Japan’s love and penchant for such devices, we wouldn’t rule it out entirely. Head on over to KDDI’s website for the details.
- 2014-02-27: KDDI Introduces On-Demand Gaming Service
- 2013-10-07: KDDI Winter Smartphone Range Sees LG isai, Fujitsu Arrows Z, Kyocera Digno M, And Sharp Aquos Series Debut
- 2013-06-28: Japan's KDDI Smart Pass App Subscription Service Is A Hit
- 2013-05-14: Sony SOL22 Gains FCC Approval For AU By KDDI
- 2013-04-29: iPhone 5S Spotted In Leaked KDDI Documents