Earlier this year, Google announced a handful of new Google TV partners. One of them is LG who has been confirmed to release new TVs that will be powered by Google TV and if you were looking forward to seeing what the Korean manufacturer has to offer, you might not have to wait much longer. According to a report by Shinhan Investment Corp., LG is expected to debut their first Google TV 2.0 device in the US as early as this weekend.
Assuming the report is to be believed, customers will be able to choose between a 47” or 55” TV with 3D capabilities and will be priced at $1,600 and $2,100 respectively. Both devices will be running on Google TV 2.0 and will have access to the Google Play store. The reason behind LG pushing out a Google TV of their own? Well apart from being one of Google TV’s partners, the report has suggested that the move was made in order to compete with Apple’s upcoming TV, a device which at the moment only exists in rumors and speculation. Either way we will be keeping an eye out for this, so stay tuned!
Next Story: Namco Bandai announces Dragon Ball Z Kinect
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-22 Possible LG G3 Software Features Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 LG G Watch To Arrive In A Shade Of Gold
- 2014-04-21 LG G3 Mini Seemingly Confirmed In User Agent Profile
- 2013-05-15 LG Google TV Android Jelly Bean Update Confirmed For Q3 2013
- 2012-12-24 LG to unveil new Google TV devices at CES 2013
- 2012-05-14 LG's Google TV get live demo
- 2012-01-16 Google and LG to create "Nexus" Google TV?
- 2012-01-05 LG to introduce Google TV at CES 2012