We know that LG has a Windows Phone planned. This was outed back in 2011 when a certain LG LS831 appeared on WP Bench. It even had itself an FCC label but thanks to even more recent FCC documentation, we have photos of what could very well be LG’s upcoming Windows Phone handset, or the LG Fantasy if the rumors are to be believed.
Based on the FCC filing, the device revealed CDMA radios in the form of the EMSR 800MHz band which is used by Sprint, and a 1900MHz CDMA band as well. Apart from that, we have a 5MP rear-facing camera, a front-facing camera and that’s pretty much all that we know about the device for now. The owner manual also indicated a microSD card slot for memory expansion, but RAM, internal storage, processor, and display remain a total mystery for now. Could we be seeing the LG LS831 launch on Sprint’s network any time soon? We guess we will have to wait and find out.
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-11: Oppo R1 Drops By The FCC
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-04-03: Sony Xperia Z2 Compact Might Have Received FCC Approval Already
- 2014-04-02: Verizon Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-02: Sprint's Samsung ATIV S Neo And HTC 8XT To Get WP8.1 Update
- 2013-11-21: LG G Flex For Sprint Passes Through The FCC
- 2013-11-10: Mysterious ZTE Tablet For Sprint Spotted At The FCC
- 2013-07-09: HTC 8XT Available On Sprint For $100 Starting July 19
- 2013-06-10: Sprint HTC Tiara, ZTE Vital/Quantum Hits The FCC