Sprint has just announced its latest eco-friendly smartphone, the LG Optimus Elite, which will arrive this coming Earth Day (that is happening on April 22), coming in Titan Silver and White shades. To make sure that most folks are able to afford the LG Optimus Elite, Sprint has priced it at a hugely affordable $29.99 albeit accompanied by a new two-year service agreement in addition to a $50 mail-in rebate.
The LG Optimus Elite is the third device from Sprint and LG, where it will feature eco-friendly attributes as well as the UL Environment Platinum Certification, which is the highest level of environmental performance recognized by sustainable requirements which has been established by UL Environment and Sprint. This is not the first time Sprint and LG have collaborated together for an eco-friendly device, where the LG Remarq rolled out in 2010.
Just what does the LG Optimus Elite offer? For starters, it is powered by the Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system (sorry, no Ice Cream Sandwich here), sporting a 3.5-inch capacitive touch-screen display, an 800MHz processor, a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera and camcorder with flash, a virtual QWERTY keyboard and mobile hotspot capability that can support up to 5 Wi-Fi enabled devices.
Despite the relatively cheap price, the LG Optimus Elite will still sport Near Field Communication (NFC) compatibility, which is also found in the Nokia Lumia 610 NFC, giving you the option to perform cashless purchases over the counter. [Press Release]
Next Story: Gmail experiences downtime
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-22 Possible LG G3 Software Features Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 LG G Watch To Arrive In A Shade Of Gold
- 2014-04-21 LG G3 Mini Seemingly Confirmed In User Agent Profile
- 2014-03-31 Sprint LG G2 Mini Carries Model Number LS885
- 2014-02-26 LG F90 (LG Volt) Set To Arrive On Sprint
- 2014-01-16 LG G Flex Arrives On Sprint
- 2013-12-15 LG G Flex For Sprint Leaked
- 2013-11-21 LG G Flex For Sprint Passes Through The FCC