While a good many Android devices are currently running on Android 2.3 Gingerbread, and with 2012 seeing even more Android phones launch with Ice Cream Sandwich on board, we guess LG Optimus S owners are probably pretty sick of running on Android 2.2 Froyo by now. Assuming you guys have not rooted your device and flashed a Android 2.3 ROM onto it, the good news is that after the update hiccup back in November of 2011, Sprint has announced that the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update will finally be making its way onto your devices come 4th of April.
The update should address the issues that were found in the earlier update, at least that’s what we hope. The update will be pushed out in stages over the course of 21 days, so if you do not see it available for your device come 4th of April, do not worry as your time should come by the end of the three week roll out. More information on the update and its changelog can be found at Sprint’s website.
- 2014-04-24 Android 4.4.3 Might Bring A Redesigned Dialer
- 2014-04-24 ARM Expects 64-bit Android Devices By End Of The Year
- 2014-04-23 XCOM: Enemy Unknown Android Version Coming Soon
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2012-07-20 LG Cayenne LS860 spotted in the wild again
- 2012-01-09 LG Viper 4G LTE headed for Sprint
- 2012-01-03 LG Connect 4G spotted in images
- 2011-09-30 LG Optimus Slider headed for Virgin Mobile
- 2011-09-28 Sprint releases LG Marquee video overview