Meizu is first off the blocks with what they deem as the world’s first smartphone which will run on the quad-core Exynos A9 processor thanks to the Meizu MX quad-core smartphone, and this particular smartphone is set to arrive in world markets later this June. Just what does the MX quad-core deliver with the Exynos A9 processor? For starters, it is said to have been optimized, lowering CPU power consumption by up to 20%. Not only that, when you have it run on a new 1700mAh battery, you know for sure it is going to last quite a while before you need to juice it up at a nearby power outlet. The thing is, a battery life of a smartphone really depends on how you use it, the kind of radios which you turn on and programs which you run.
Other benchmark values provided by Meizu include its new MX quad-core CPU being 60% faster, and GPU 50% faster compared to its predecessor, so in theory, the new Meizu MX should beat the previous MX in menu browsing, playing the latest games, or watching 1080p video. Other hardware specifications include a vivid 292 PPI high definition ASV display, an 8 megapixel BSI (back-side illumination) camera with an f/2.2 lens aperture for great images in low light conditions, Meizu’s very own Flyme OS that is based on Android 4.0 Oce Cream Sandwich, and will come in 32GB and 64GB capacities.
Next Story: Nokia Lumia 900 Review
- 2014-04-13: Meizu MX3 With Ubuntu Spotted
- 2014-03-23: Meizu Might Take On Xiaomi Redmi Note With Blue Charm Note
- 2014-03-05: Meizu MX4 Could Be Announced On 6th Of March
- 2014-02-19: Meizu And BQ To Roll Out Ubuntu Smartphones
- 2014-01-21: Meizu Teases MX4G And MX4G Mini
- 2012-09-10: Meizu MX Review (Quad-core)
- 2012-06-25: Meizu MX 4-core is new name for quad-core smartphone
- 2011-12-27: Quad-core Meizu MX expected in May 2012?
- 2011-12-07: Meizu MX given the hands-on treatment
- 2011-12-05: Meizu MX unveiled