Back when Motorola announced the RAZR, several variants of the device made its way into China, and one of them featured a 720p HD display. With that information, we guess it is not a complete surprise to discover that Motorola could indeed be working on a new device with a HD display, or it could be bringing the China RAZR with the HD display stateside, possibly launching on Verizon like they did with the Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX series of Android handsets.
The Droid RAZR HD moniker was discovered in the above photo’s EXIF data. It was uploaded online to Picasa and belongs to Vic Yu, an engineer and program manager at Motorola Mobility. The EXIF data also revealed some additional details regarding the phone’s camera, such as its f/2.4 aperture and a possibility of either a 6MP camera (based on the photo which was shot in 16:9 aspect ratio) or an 8MP camera if it were shot in a 4:3 aspect ratio. Will we be seeing the Droid RAZR HD arrive on Verizon in the near-future? We guess we will have to wait and see.
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2013-12-15: Moto G For Verizon Leaked Without Carrier's Branding
- 2013-07-23: Moto X Camera UI Leaked
- 2013-07-23: Motorola Droid Ultra Limited Edition Leaked
- 2013-07-20: Moto X Press Rendering Leaked Ahead Of Its Debut
- 2012-11-02: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean leaked for Motorola Droid RAZR HD and Droid RAZR MAXX HD