Nokia is finally joining the fray with its Lumia 900 Windows Phone. The Finnish brand and US carrier AT&T did not lie when they both announced that the launch for the Lumia 900 would be the biggest one yet as whoever was in New York on Friday night can stand witness. The launching party was held in New York’sTimes Square and was headlined by Nicki Minaj the pop star against a back of what Nokia claims to be the world’s largest LED displays.
According to online reports, Times Square was literally at a standstill as 30,000 people watched one of the biggest electronic take-over of Times Square which is an icon by itself. AT&T is said to offer the Windows Phone on a standard two year contract for as low as $99 which is less than the carrier’s cheapest iPhone 4S contract by a relatively whopping $100 across the US. Embedded above is a little snippet of what the audience at the Times Square launch experienced.
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2013-05-08: AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 Windows Phone 7.8 Update Out Now
- 2013-02-28: Chrome Plated Nokia Lumia 900 Is Fancy Looking
- 2013-01-25: AT&T's Nokia Lumia 900 To Receive WP7.8 Update 30th January
- 2012-12-03: Windows Phone 7.8 spotted on the Nokia Lumia 900
- 2012-11-05: Nokia Lumia 900 with Windows Phone 7.8 seen in China?