Heads up Nikon owners, if you own either the Nikon D7000, D800, D800E or the Nikon 1 V1 camera, there could be an issue with your battery that has prompted the camera manufacturer to issue a recall. According to Nikon, apparently some of the batteries that were provided together with the cameras listed above did not meet the Nikon’s internal quality standards. The company has also pointed out that in rare situations, the battery could potentially overheat and cause the exterior of the camera to be deformed. Yikes! Thankfully it has been reported that there have been no injuries so far, but if you were to find that your battery is one of the affected units, you will be eligible for a free exchange. If you’re wondering if your battery is one of the ones that Nikon is recalling, head on over to Nikon’s website for the full details.
- 2014-04-10: Nikon 1 J4 Is Official
- 2014-04-10: Nikon Coolpix S810c Announced, Runs On Android
- 2014-04-09: Alleged Nikon 1 J4 Photo And Specs Leaked
- 2014-03-28: Nikon Issues Replacement Or Equivalent Model For D600 DSLR
- 2014-03-14: Nikon 1 V3 Official Sample Photos Released