Remember last year we reported that the Louvre would be receiving Nintendo 3DS’ to use as a museum guide? Well the good news is that if you were looking forward to giving the new museum guide a spin, that program is now in effect and visitors to the Louvre will now be able to get their hands on the device. The app for the Nintendo 3DS will feature more than 700 audio commentaries in a variety of languages, such as French, English, German, Korean, Spanish, Italian and Japanese.
It will also provide a detailed mapping function that will allow visitors to pinpoint their exact location within the museum and offers up 3D graphics and animations of selected works, along with themed tours. One of which is focused on the masterpieces available in the museum, and the other (coming soon) will be an Egypt focused tour aimed at families which will also feature multimedia games which will quiz the museum goers throughout their visit. If you’re planning a trip to the Louvre soon, perhaps this Nintendo 3DS museum guide might be worth checking out. [Press release]
Next Story: Max Payne for mobile arrives on iOS devices
- EA Thinks Battlefield 4 Fiasco Did Not Hurt The Battlefield Brand
- Shaquille O'Neal Wants To Revive The Shaq Fu Franchise With A Sequel
- Watch Dogs For Wii U Still Alive And Well Despite Delays
- Titanfall Edition Xbox One Console Is Real, But Not Available For Purchase
- Jack Tretton Leaves As President And CEO Of SCEA