When Nokia announced the 808 PureView, many were taken aback by the camera’s whopping 41MP image sensor. For those unfamiliar, the 800 PureView is meant to be the successor to the Nokia N8, a Symbian phone whose camera was believed to be the one of the best in the market. So it would only make sense if the 808 PureView produced just as good, if not better results, right? While the device is scheduled for a release in May, it seems that one lucky person in China managed to get their hands on the device early and has since gone on a photograph shooting rampage.
The image samples that have allegedly been captured by the 808 PureView are pretty amazing. In fact it’s hard to believe that this is what our smartphones are capable of these days (my first camera phone was the Nokia 7250 back in the day). Hopefully upon its release, we will be seeing more test shots and reviews regarding its camera, but in the mean time the sample images taken by the 808 PureView can be found here along with an early preview of the device.
Next Story: ESER's A10 Android tablet is only $51
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2013-07-31: Nokia 808 PureView Snaps Photo That Picks Up 2nd Place In International Photo Contest
- 2013-04-15: Next Nokia Flagship Smartphone To Have 41 Megapixel Camera
- 2012-07-09: Nokia 808 PureView now available on Amazon
- 2012-05-21: Nokia 808 PureView "making of" video released, shot entirely on the phone
- 2012-05-11: Unlocked Nokia 808 PureView coming to the US in the next few months