Yes, so the Lumia 610 was spotted in a leak earlier this morning, but it seems that the best way to counter such a thing by any company would be to announce it officially, quelling all possible chances of a rumor later on. This is the case with the Nokia Lumia 610 which sports NFC capabilities (alongside some accessories that you might want to purchase to keep it company), and Orange will be the first operator to deliver the new Nokia Lumia 610 NFC to the masses.
NFC, also known as Near Field Communication, will enable two devices of any kind to “talk” to each other thanks to radio communication. This is achieved through touching them together, and even having them in close proximity would do. NFC capability allows you to transfer information such as photos and contacts through a simple touch, so this is one more step towards a true wireless lifestyle. Being the most affordable smartphone in the Lumia range, Nokia hopes to use the Lumia 610 as a platform to introduce Windows Phone and NFC to the masses.
Next Story: Instagram for Android supports HTC One X now
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-09: Nokia X Custom Android ROM Revealed
- 2014-04-09: Nokia 225 Is Slimmest Affordable Internet Handset
- 2014-04-08: Nokia Solar Energy Suit Could Offer Alternative Phone Charging Option
- 2014-04-08: China's Ministry Of Commerce Gives Microsoft-Nokia Deal The Greenlight
- 2013-12-09: Nokia BH-121 Bluetooth Stereo Headset Announced
- 2013-10-21: Nokia Guru Leaked In Official Press Image
- 2013-10-18: Nokia Guru With NFC Leaked
- 2013-06-03: Nokia NFC Writer App Makes More Advances
- 2012-12-17: Nokia Purity Pro Wireless Headset by Monster – Demo at GDGT