All right, Nokia might not be the force to be reckoned with as they were some time back, but this does not mean that the company has gone all soft and is about to go belly up. No sir, they still command a strong presence in emerging markets, and despite moving onwards with the times by churning out smartphones that run on Windows Phone, there is still a considerable sum of handsets from them which run on the Symbian S60 operating system. Having said that, Nokia has just updated their Nokia Store client for all 3rd and 5th Edition smartphones, from v1.16 (on S60 3rd) and from v1.22(15) (on S60 5th) to v1.24(9). It can be presumed that this update will come with the standard range of performance tweaks and bug fixes.
The entire download weighs in at 1.1MB, and will not be compulsory in any way, so there is no need to rush. Some who have already given it a go did not manage to capture anything out of the ordinary, so it is more or less all about under the hood fixes. Folks who want to give the update a go will be prompted to do so when they start up the current Store client, so there is no need to actively search out the update.
Next Story: Sharp to produce Hi-DPI LCD displays
- 2014-04-24 Microsoft-Nokia Deal Sees Some Last Minute Changes
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research