After a recent update a few days back to the popular game application Draw Something, the developer OMGPOP owned by Zynga has decided that the Android version of the game needs a little extra something and released yet another update. In the latest update which rolled out today, OMGPOP added Tapjoy’s advertising-driven rewards service which allows players to earn in-game currency by simply watching videos, installing apps or subscribing to services that are recommended by the company.
Tapjoy release a statement on its blog that said, “The app adds millions of users to our network and extends our reach for our advertising clients to a very broad audience. This means more brand campaigns for our entire network.” As a result of this new addition to the popular Pictionary-like game, Tapjoy claims that it has already resulted in millions of coins being delivered to players who in turn have spent their newly gotten currency on color packs and bombs. As for Draw Something, it has now topped 50 million downloads in just two short months.
Next Story: QuakeCon 2012 Pre-Registration Begins Today
- 2013-06-05 OMGPop Shuts Down, Cost Zynga $450k A Day
- 2013-04-12 Draw Something App Might Ends Up As A Game Show
- 2012-11-12 Words with Friends and Draw Something makes its way on Windows Phone
- 2012-06-19 Zynga's Draw Something will be made into a television game show
- 2012-05-07 Draw Something allows advertisers to insert their own guess words