While this is not the first personal submarine we are showing you, this one definitely looks the coolest and judging from reports about it, it is possibly the cheapest as well. While other submarines look like huge torpedoes this one looks like a bike you want to take for a ride with a helmet that big simply because you’re very safety conscious. The MiniSub was created by a UK-based company that manufactures spy equipment. The submarine can reach a depth of 40 ft with a battery that lasts for about 60-80 minutes.
Although this isn’t the fastest personal submarine out there with its 1 mile per hour speed, this vehicle is meant for people to enjoy the view underwater instead of whooshing about in the cold depths with a roaring engine and effectively scaring away every living thing in sight. If you are interested in the MiniSub, you will be happy to know that it is not that expensive and at $19,000, you can click here to get it.
Next Story: Future MacBooks could have Surround Sound
- 2012-08-09: DARPA DASH robot detects enemy subs
- 2012-08-02: Autosub6000 underwater submarine robot maps and takes pictures of the ocean floor
- 2012-04-05: Personal Submarine Lets You Spy on Undersea World Alone
- 2011-12-30: AquaVenture SeaBird: the world's fastest personal submarine?
- 2011-08-26: Homemade submarine can stay submerged for 10 hours
- 2011-07-29: Fluid cloak for 'invisible' submarines