Just in case you find that you cannot log in to PlayStation Network tomorrow (April 16) from around 06:00 AM PDT/09:00 AM EDT, fret not – the PlayStation Network did not get hacked, and neither is it a broken underwater cable somewhere from your service provider. Basically, it is the run of the mill scheduled maintenance to make sure all the gremlins in the PlayStation Network will remain well fed, and in turn, serve you without a hitch. This particular bit of maintenance is going to take some time though, where Sony has placed a 13 hour turnaround time, which concludes at around 7:00 PM PDT/10:00 PM EDT. Guess you would be out of the home most of the day anyway due to school and work, so there is not much to miss. Granted, the folks living under the shadow of PDT would be better off, since you get to enjoy your gaming time somewhere after dinner when you are still not too sleepy.
What happens during a scheduled maintenance? For starters, you are unable to access the PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home, Account Management or play online, and PSN enabled websites will also be unable to service users.
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2013-12-01: PSN Suspends Redemption Of Vouchers
- 2013-11-28: Sony To Switch Off Certain PSN Features Ahead Of PS4 Launch In Europe
- 2013-11-26: Some North American PSN Passwords Reset After ‘Irregular Activity’ Detected
- 2013-11-07: PSN Scheduled Maintenance Occurring For Seven Hours Today
- 2013-09-24: PlayStation Network Maintenance Scheduled For September 25