After we reported on the Polaroid PMID701i tablet which showed up at the FCC, we seem to have another Polaroid-tablet tit-bit for you. The film and camera maker has confirmed that it plans to launch a 10-inch tablet with a glasses-free 3D display in Europe. The news originates from British website Expert Reviews. The alleged tablet is said to run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and its 10 inch screen will have a resolution of 1024 x 768 (4:3 aspect ratio).
The device will be powered by a 1.5GHz ARM-based processor that will be supported by 512MB of RAM. On top of that, it will have 4GB internal storage as well as a memory card reader that can be used for cards up to 32GB. Also available with the tablet is a HDMI output for the ability to play 1080p HD video on external displays. According to Polaroid, European retailers have already started taking pre-orders for the glasses-free 3D tablet at 249 Euros ($328) but the official European release date has not yet been announced. And while waiting for an official name for the device, US availability and pricing have also been kept under wraps.
- Samsung Rumored To Be Working On 8-inch And 10-inch AMOLED Tablets
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]
- 8-Inch Nokia Lumia 2020 Launching In Early 2014 [Rumor]
- Nintendo Rumored To Develop Educational Android Tablet
- 12.9-Inch iPad To Arrive Early Next Year, Says First Tier Display Supplier
- Follow: 3d, polaroid,
- Seen at: tabtimes