RIM’s “savior” is expected to be in the form of the company’s upcoming Blackberry 10 platform and the devices that accompany it. So far we’ve seen alleged leaks of phones that are supposed to be from the Blackberry 10 lineup but unfortunately nothing has been confirmed yet. It has been mentioned that we could very well see the first Blackberry 10 device in the later half of 2012, but thanks to N4BB’s sources, a more specific timeframe has been outed. Their source has indicated to them that RIM is expected to announce the company’s first Blackberry 10 device mid-August.
The handset will be a full touchscreen phone and it has been scheduled for a release in the first half of October. We’ve also heard the rumors of a QWERTY slider Blackberry 10 handset reminiscent of the Blackberry Torch but that phone is apparently slated for a release in Q1 2013. In any case August is a little over three months away, not very long when you think about it. We’ll be taking this info with a grain of salt for now, but Blackberry fans out there, what do you guys think? Are you looking forward to seeing what RIM has in store for you guys?
- 2013-07-11 Research In Motion Officially Renamed To Blackberry, As Per Shareholder Vote
- 2013-02-04 BlackBerry Z10 Review
- 2013-01-30 BlackBerry Z10 Review Sentiment
- 2013-01-30 BlackBerry 10 Launched, RIM's Roadmap for 2013
- 2013-01-30 BlackBerry Z10 Announced
- 2013-01-30 BlackBerry Z10 To Debut In Black
- 2013-01-29 BlackBerry 10 Z10 Available For Online Orders In U.K. Starting Tomorrow
- 2013-01-28 RIM Reduces Pricing Tier For Apps On BlackBerry World